I have a corner in my living room that just need "a little something." I had seen something similar to this craft around the school that I work. So I decided to miniaturize and frame it.
You will need orange, green, and brown construction paper, tape, and a pencil.
1. Cut the paper in 2"x 1/2" strips.
2. Curl the orange paper around a pencil to form a curl.
3. Tape or glue the orange paper curls closed to form a circle.
4. Curl the green paper into a loose curl.
5. Fold the brown paper in half.
6. Tape the open end of the brown paper closed.
7. Tape/glue the green curl to the brown stem.
8. Tape/glue the orange curls to the stem.
9. Continue taping the orange curls until you reach your desired shape.