Most of the time, side dishes are a bit of an after thought. The dutiful vegetable that boringly sits aside the delicious main attraction on the plate.
Not these babies. They steal the show.
And they are easy too — just 5 ingredients. Green beans, butter, garlic, honey . . . and bacon.
You should make them for dinner tonight. Your mouth will thank you.
Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean BundlesAdapted from How Sweet It Is
- 6-8 strips of bacon
- 1 pound of green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and chop off the ends of the green beans.
- Divide the green beans into 6-8 bundles and wrap each with a strip of bacon.
- Place the bundles on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, garlic, and honey, then slather over the green bean bundles.
- Bake, covered with foil, for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and broil for a minute or two to crisp up the bacon.