Well it still was delicious and made for a filling lunch. I plan to freeze the rest so that I'm prepared for the next cool fall day when I don't want to cook.
This version is much better for you and has much shorter list of ingredients.
Easy Cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Ingredients1 large broccoli head
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups chicken broth
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Chop the head of broccoli into large florets. Toss broccoli and onion with 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour out onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, saute the garlic and thyme in the remaining tablespoon of oil for about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and roasted vegetables to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, cheese, and mustard.
- Puree the soup in a blender or using an immersion blender.