It's delicious, gluten-free, grain-free, but sadly not calorie-free!
This is a great meal that comes together really fast if you already have cooked chicken on hand. When I can, I like to roast a big batch of chicken on the weekend, so that I can use it for recipes like this or chicken alfredo or pesto chicken or chicken-stuffed poblanos, etc. You get the idea.
If your chicken is already ready cooked, you can make this from start to finish in about 20 minutes.
You could probably add more veggies to the casserole, like chopped bell peppers. Honestly, this is one of those meals that we like too much as it is, so we just add a side salad.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken CasseroleServes 4
- 2 heaping cups of chicken, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup of cheddar, shredded
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 diced, fresh jalapenos or 1/3 cup chopped, pickled jalapenos
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, 3/4 cup of cheddar, green onions, and jalapenos in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the chicken and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.