We're about a week into January — how are you all doing with your resolutions? :)
I actually made a few this year, which is not typical. Growing up I was never the list making, goal setting, resolutions type of girl. But as I get older I find myself enjoying to do lists, planners, and even setting a goal or two! It might be because I'm married to a guy that is as far from type-A as one could be and I'm slowly learning to balance that in our lives.
Many of you probably have made the I-need-to-get-healthier-or-lose-weight-or-at-least-eat-better type of resolution. Well, I have too. Specifically, I want to eat a lot of vegetables this year and make/find recipes that make them delicious.
Since my parents gave me a food processor for Christmas (thanks, mom and dad!), I'm trying to blend and incorporate veggies into many different recipes. This dip, for instance, not only goes well with veggies, but there are veggie blended in it.
Neat trick, huh?
Creamy Feta Veggie Dip
Inspired by Carlsbad Cravings
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 carrots, chopped into one inch sections
- 1/2 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful fresh parsley
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 oz. feta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 jalapenos, optional
- Pulse the first four ingredients in a food processor until broken up into tiny pieces.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- For best results, chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
Serve and enjoy with vegetables!